Center Sinai Animal Hospital
COVID-19 Policies and Protocols
Our COVID-19 Prevention policies and protocols are based on the current recommendations/guidelines from the L.A. Dept. Of Public Health and CDC. By strictly following these policies and protocols, staff members and clients will help to prevent the spread of the virus, allowing for us to continue providing necessary and essential services for the pets of our community.
PLEASE NOTIFY US RIGHT AWAY:
- If you been diagnosed with COVID-19 or in contact with someone that has tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
- If you or anyone you have had close contact with, has been ill with the following symptoms: respiratory illness, fever or chills, muscle aches, vomiting or diarrhea, loss of smell or taste. • If you have traveled out of the country in the past 14 days.
Protocols for Clients:
- FACE MASKS MUST BE WORN PROPERLY and 6 FEET SOCIAL DISTANCING RULES MUST BE FOLLOWED.
- All clients are to check in at the front door and then promptly return to their vehicle. A staff member will contact you shortly.
- Clients are not permitted to enter the facility.
- To reduce risks for all involved, the majority of communications will take place by phone. We kindly ask that you bring a cellphone so we can contact you.
- Please make sure that you answer your phone when we call. This will help to expedite the visit and reduce wait times for all.
- Every dog must arrive on a secured leash. When our staff member comes out to pick up your dog, please remove your leash. We will use one of our leads to bring the pet in. 7. All cats must arrive in a secure pet carrier.
- The staff will notify you when your pet is ready to be discharged from the hospital. To help reduce wait times when picking up, it is recommended for you to prepay for the visit.
Protocols for Staff:
- You must stay home if you are sick. Depending on the severity of your symptoms, you may be required to take a COVID-19 test prior to your return to work.
- Upon arrival, you must have your temperature taken.
- Staff members will wear proper Personal Protective Equipment, including face masks, gloves and when appropriate, gowns.
- All employees will wash their hands with soap and water for 20 seconds before and after taking care of each patient. In between hand washings, staff members should also be using hand sanitizers.
- Exam rooms, kennels and cages will immediately be disinfected after each use. 6. Frequently used items (scales, leashes, pens clipboards, etc.) will be immediately disinfected after each use.
- Deep cleaning and disinfecting of all areas will be performed at the end of each business day.